Sunday, February 16, 2014

My myself & Eye

Like Neon Lights





Sarah and I went to the Neon Lights Tour a few nights ago. We haven't seen one another in at least a year and in that year she's managed to get as sick as I used to be.

It's weird having someone going through the same things I used to. Being able to pass on knowledge and all that. But before we left for the concert to see both Little Mix and Demi Lovato we went off to Starbucks where the neighboring store had a sign up. A sign we found hilarious. This is the first time we've seen one another in a year and they had our names up.

When looking into tickets for the tour we had some choices and I believe we got the best. Second story VIP tickets.

Screw popcorn and beer being spilled. No. Here you can have a margarita and baby cupcakes while laying on the couch and charging your phone.
It was awesome.
So when we figured out we had such amazing seats we had agreed to dress nicer then one usually would for a concert. Or at least how used to. Its so much fun dressed and acting like your in the middle of the club, that's generally how it feels anyway.

We managed to miss the opening band (I was sorta really happy about that) and got there just in time for a magician who was finishing his awful tick and Little Mix began.
I might have been the only one who knew so much about them but I did sing and scream just as much as anyone would have.

Also I took thousands of photos of the girls... and mainly Perrie...

After that the magician returned and unfortunately had to actually sit through the entire of the this one. But Demi came out and rocked as anyone could imagine she would.

She is always one to put on a good show and has us all in tears when she brokenly told us she "wanted to use her voice for good."

I think that got me most wasn't just watching her no longer act like a Disney star (or dress. Damn she's gorgeous) her stage was very much 'neon lights style' and Nick Jonas made a guest appearance. But behind her during all the songs where videos she shot in different styles swimming in a pool while wearing a flowy dress, walking through the winter snow, driving in the California desert, dressed as a warrior and walking through the Autumn.

But the best had to be when she introduced Skyscraper. There was a montage of all the breaking news from when she put herself in rehab. She released that song while I was off in my own so it tends to make me feel like I should cry and accomplish so much.

When the show was about to end the screen flashed with everything she ever did from Camp Rock, singing with Joe Jonas, to being a best selling author and advocating for girls everywhere who are bullied and hurt from life.

The show was amazing and I got slightly drunk but I had so much fun. I would love to go again and still be awed by it all.

Thanks to AA for creating such an insane dress for me to wear!